Bimectin Plus Injection
Bimectin Plus is indicated for the treatment of mixed trematode and nematode or arthropod infestations of the following parasites in cattle:
- Gastrointestinal roundworms (adult and fourth-stage larvae): Ostertagia ostertagi (including inhibited larval stages), O. lyrata, Haemonchus placei, Trichostrongylus axei (adult), N. spathiger (adult), N. helvetianus (adult), Trichuris spp (adult)
- Lungworms (adult and fourth-stage larvae): Dictyocaulus viviparous
- Liver fluke (adult): Fasciola hepatica
- Eye worms (adult): Thelazia spp
- Warbles (parasitic stages): Hypoderma bovis, H. lineatum
- Mange mites: Psoroptes bovis, Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis
- Sucking lice: Linognathus vituli, Haematopinus eurysternus, Solenopotes capillatus, T. colubriformis, Cooperia oncophora, C. punctata, C. pectinata, Bunostomum phlebotomum, Oesophagostamum radiatum, Strongyloides papillosus
Bimectin Plus may also be used as an aid in the treatment of biting lice (Damalinia bovis) and the mange mite Chorioptes bovis, but complete elimination may not occur.
Dosage & Administration
A single dose of 1ml per 50kg bodyweight.
Bimectin Plus should be administered only by subcutaneous injection under the loose skin in front of or behind the shoulder.
Divide doses in excess of 10 ml between different injection sites and use different sites to those used for other parenteral medications.
Meat and offal: 66 days
Milk: Do not use in cattle producing milk for human consumption. Do not use in non-lactating dairy cows including pregnant heifers within 60 days of calving