Dosage & Administration
Flypor is a ready-to-use solution which should be applied at the rate of 1 ml per 10 kg bodyweight up to a maximum of 40 ml.
Calves up to 100kg: 10ml
101 - 200kg: 20ml
201 – 300kg: 30ml
Over 300kg: 40ml
The product should be applied using either the calibrated dispensing chamber incorporated into the applicator bottle, or the flexi-pack with a Elanco Cattle Pour-On Gun.
- Apply approximately one quarter of the calculated dose to the top of the head; the remainder should be poured along the neck and mid-backline.
- A single dose is normally sufficient to control flies for up to 8 weeks.
- The first treatment should be carried out when the number of flies start to increase.
- In cases of heavy infestation, the dose may be repeated at 4 week intervals.
- Apply in the same way as fly dosage.
- A single dose is normally sufficient to control all lice.
- In certain cases of heavy infestation, the dose may be repeated after 4 weeks.
Sarcoptic and chorioptic mange
- The calculated dose should be applied directly to all visibly affected areas; any remaining should be poured along the backline in the normal way.
- The dose should be repeated after 4 weeks.
- Meat - Animals must not be slaughtered for human consumption during treatment. Cattle may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 3 days from the last treatment.
- Milk - Cattle producing milk for human consumption should be treated immediately after milking to allow as long an interval as possible (at least 6 hours) before the next milking. There is no need to withhold milk from subsequent milkings.